Buying a car will be dream come true for many, but if not made the right choice, this wonderful dream might not take much time to become the nightmare of a lifetime. There are lots of things that need to be noticed while buying a car, and if it is a used car then special care should be taken before taking the decision of buying the car. People buy used cars
for many reasons - financial reasons, liking for that particular model etc. But the most tiring task is selecting a good car as there are chances of getting cheated. Decide on whether you need a new car or used car. And if you settle for a used car then:
- The buyer should decide, before reaching a dealer, what car he wants to buy. He should have a clear picture about his requirements and should be able to try and match it with a car.
- He should analyze his financial situation and make a decision as to how much money he is willing to spend for the car. He should also understand that buying a car is not a one-time commitment but should be ready to spend money for the future needs of the car for it needs to be maintained well also.
- Start negotiating from the first instance itself and once if the dealer or seller agrees on a discounted amount, ask the confirmation through writing.
- The buyer should also get insurance quotes before buying a pre owned car.
- Do not hurry and take a decision without thinking or researching about things. Research on the used cars available in the market that meets your requirements and budget. Get quotes from more than one dealer or seller. Consult your friends or relatives, who know about used cars or who has already bought used cars. This whole process of consulting and researching might be time consuming, but it is better that we do it to save money and time in future.
- Check how old is the car. Don’t buy a really old car even if is offered at a low price. Even if the car parts are new, try not buying the car as the car is still old.
- Ask a knowledgeable person to check the car and give an opinion as it might be a valuable one and will save you from lots of problems that might happen later.
- Do not blindly believe what the dealer or seller says, as they need not be telling the truth always.
- If a car is offered at a low price don’t grab it and think you are the luckiest person in the whole world, because money is not what matters while buying a used car, it is the good condition of the car that is more important than anything else.
- If the car appears slightly expensive but is in a good condition choose that one over the car that has been offered with a reduced price tag but is not in a good condition and needs some maintenance work.