A car with good looks and performance attracts everyone. But maintaining the same is a difficulty task in daily busy life. Rust being one of the cruel car enemies spoils the look and also causes serious damages to it. Rust is caused due to the interaction of the metal with the road salt, sand, mud and water. Even acid rains and harsh chemicals can results in rust on the car body. One can stop it from occurring by taking proper care of the car.
Below are some of the tips that can be followed to make the car always look new and attractive:
- Always keep the car dirt free. Frequently wash the car. Especially the chassis needs to be dirt free as they are always exposed to the road. Wash it every two weeks.
- Wax the car every four months as waxing removes the ruminants or dirt that might stick to the body on exposure.
- Clean the base of the car and wheel when muddy or at least once a week during the winter.
- The main tip to protect the car from rust is by keeping the metal surface dry.
- Keep a watch on the car surface for paint bubbles or blister that signifies the initiation of rust.
- Remove the rust that is already there in the car with the use of sand blast or by scraping the rust off with a wire brush.
- To avoid rust to reappear scrape off the rust with the wire brush, and then put Rustoleum super primer on it and then paint it.
- Metal preparation chemicals can be used to protect the metal from getting rusted. However, if anti-rust chemicals are not available, acrylic epoxy primer can be used to coat the exposed metal. First clean the surface of dust and moisture and then apply acrylic epoxy primer.