has come a long way from its birth as a manufacturer of automobiles, buses, coaches and trucks since 1886. The three-pointed star logo of the car manufacturer rings bells in the automotive circles around the globe as it is a name synonym with style and luxury without compromising on performance.
With a reputation for quality and durability, this German luxury car brand
specializes in creating motorized wonders that highlight on luxury and refinement and is a symbol of status, success and achievement for many mortals.
Here are some of the 25 interesting facts that will help one know Mercedes-Benz in a better way:
- A team of 11 workers is supervised by an inspector who keeps a tight vigil on the team. Every minute car job undergoes several checkups and criticism. Numerous separate inspections are undertaken on every single work before getting the final sanction.
- One of the best qualities of the Mercedes-Benz cars is that one will not find any kind of rattling of squeaky sound however old the car turns. This is because every car body is welded in 10,000 places. This does not give space for the loosen bolts or nuts.
- All Merc cars come with a well tuned suspension system which is enhanced with a fully independent swing axle system. The car manufacturer used the suspension system first in its racing cars. The advantage, of this type of suspension, is that it gives a complete comfort and firm drive despite over speeding or dips on the roads. In simple words the ‘nausea feeling’ that generally people have during long drives is never experienced in Mercedes-Benz cars.
- Mercs come with the best of engines fitted in its cars. Instead of ordinary valve actuation treatment of engine, Mercedes- Benz engines come with overhead camshafts (a type of valve train arrangement). This arrangement delivers smooth, silent, and safer engine even at the higher speed.
- These superior machines electronically balance every Mercedes-Benz crankshaft. The benefit of it is that even at the higher speed there will be no vibrations in the car. Thanks to this arrangement, Passengers can cruise along in their cars.
- The engine undergoes several tests even the engine is incorporated in the car. The engines are checked for any noise, friction with the help of a series of gauges. Engine oil is changed for about 60 times to remove every single dirt particle in the engine during the tests.
- Enhanced disc brakes on all four wheels come as a standard feature in every Mercedes Benz Car. As a back up precaution, the front and the rear brakes are individually activated just in case one braking system fails, there always is the second system to take care of the necessary action.
- At the time of assembling, the car manufacturer tunes the vital suspension steering and brake parts are manually tuned with the help unique torque wrench-designed especially for the job by Mercedes-Benz experts. This unique device sprays a drop of yellow pain on the parts. This is then inspected by a supervisor who counts the yellow blots to ensure that the work done perfectly.
- Four coil springs are used to ensure a perfect and balanced ride quality. Each of the coil springs is created to form a matched set and are tested in four different ways.